Worried about your rent due to self-isolation, illness or income change?

We know that this is a difficult time for so many people who are be affected by the impact of Coronavirus.

The situation is changing and this page will keep you up to date with sources of advice and support to help you.

coronavirus stay home image
If you experience financial difficulties as a result of Coronavirus please get in touch.

Please email us via myhomeonline or on enquiries@midlandsrural.org.uk as soon as possible so we can provide advice and support with managing your rent payments.

We are here to help so we can all get through this together.

What financial assistance can I get to help pay my rent?

If someone has to self isolate because they or someone in their household has Coronavirus or their employment has been affected and are not getting paid then they may be able to get help by claiming Universal Credit.

Please note that depending on your circumstances it may not always be the best option to claim Universal Credit and we would urge you to get advice before making a claim.

Further information and advice on claiming Universal Credit can be found at www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk and there is also a dedicated Universal Credit Coronavirus page.

You may also be entitled to other coronavirus related benefits and discounts. Take a look at the For your benefit pages (such as the Warwickshire Rural Housing pages)

What will happen with my rent account if I’m struggling to make full payments?

It is important that if you are having difficulty paying your rent, or are worried about meeting future payments, you let us know as soon as possible.

While we will still collect rent as we normally do, we understand that this is a worrying time for many people and that some people may have suffered from a loss of income. We know that some of you may be worried about paying your rent as well as other bills.

We recognise that we need to be flexible in response to unexpected events and where appropriate we will agree temporary adjustments to rent payments based on individual circumstances.

Links to other useful information can be found at the bottom of this page.

How will the Association keep me updated with any information?

We will be posting future updates on our websites and Facebook pages so please check this regularly.

Links to useful information

Advice published by the Government:


Advice published by the Citizens Advice Bureau:


Midlands Rural Housing is part of